Monday 23 July 2012

The Fifth Witness (Book review)


Straying from my usual territory with this book from the Fiction shelves as I’m on holiday.  A big book which I found difficult to set down and sped through.  I was quickly drawn into the plot based on the impact of the financial crash on individuals.  The whole book is on the ‘Lincoln Lawyer’s’ defence of a murder case. Along the way Facebook is weaved in with an implied warning of how sharing may be high-risk.   Although early on I was convinced the plot was a bit too obvious, it wasn’t long before I realised how wrong I was, indeed I was completely wrong.  Even the twists of the final chapters threw me and I actually re-read a few pages to be sure.  Great holiday reading, and although contracts are mentioned you can safely escape procurement for a few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment